I really like bots. Here’s a list of Twitter bots I’ve made:
- @new_taxonomies - tweets whenever there is an update to the NCBI taxonomy database
- @gvillejunk - items posted to the Gainesville, FL Craigslist “free” section.
- @hmmdarwin - Markov bot trained on the major works of Charles Darwin.
- @meowhector - Bot about my cat.
- @harib0t - Hare Krishna mantras.
- @cappstories - True stories from Capp St., SF. Made using Cheap Bots Done Quick and Tracery.
- @pizza_dolores - in dedication to my favorite Dolores Park vendor.
- @every_omics - Random ‘Omicses
I also maintain a list of bots and add to it whenever I find a new one. As of this writing, there are 3.9K bots: https://twitter.com/heyaudy/lists/bots.
If you want to make your own Twitter bot, I recommend https://cheapbotsdonequick.com/ which lets you create one using a generative grammar which sounds complicated but it’s is really just writing a”choose your own adventure” novel using JSON.